Let me speak – a personal initiative on blogging
by Saurabh Gupta
I have been blogging for quite some time but didn’t have any intention of opening up to this, professionally. However, I have few posts from my previous blogs which I think fit here –
What these web-logs lack is the professional insights I could have given, for my learnings in business school. However, they do showcase my personal intent and opinions. You are invited to go directly to this blog @ http://speakya.blogspot.com
1. Google Picasa’s New face recognition feature – My blabbering when I found a unique feature in Picasa Web from google. They out of no where recognized few human faces in my pictures and asked me who they are. I answered few and next thing I know my every friend is tagged automatically in each picture. I thought it was amazing and awesome. It was far far better than manual tagging that Facebook introduced way later
2. Info-graphic on Democrats vs Republicans – my interest in information graphics was growing and any graphic which challenged regular perception and gave new insights excited me. Here’s one from 2008 elections showing split between republicans and democrats both geographically and demographically.
3. US astronauts casting votes from space shuttle – rights of a person as designated by constitution vs. rights of a person as met by the government is a big problem in my country (i am sure every country has had its share). This particular news emphasizes my conviction for the ever evolving measures by later and it’s biggest enabler the Technology!
4. Aravinda hospitals inspired by McDonalds – It is interesting who can inspire whom. Mc Donalds kindled a concept of franchisee in eye care for him – Dr. Govindappa Venkataswamy. He then sets out opening a self-sustaining eye care clinic
5. Knowledge in the wall – It is interesting how technology is being adapted at various levels of society in India. Here’s a project which created a self learning system right there on a wall where they kept an open computer for slum children. Check the post and this website to know how sustaining the initiative was