Saurabh Gupta email@example.com | 513-680-8839 | Cincinnati, OH
Microsoft Certified Senior Software Developer with solid analytical and engineering insights. Designer and developer of client server systems on both mobile and web. Well versed in both Microsoft .NET and iOS platforms. More than 8 years of total experience developing software for, and managing IT projects in, water utilities and retailing sector.
- More than 3 years of experience designing and developing iOS mobile applications and HTML5 based mobile web apps
- Expert hands-on in designing and developing websites, client-server applications and cloud based systems using .net frameworks (C# & VB.net) ground up
- Adept in conducting requirement and use case analysis and planning unit and integration tests
- Strong practical knowledge of design patterns like M-V-VM, MVC, and Dependency Injection
- Experience in statistical & decision modeling tools like WEKA and MS-Excel’s Data Analysis package
- Successfully delivered projects as a senior systems engineer, technical analyst, and assistant principal investigator
- Microsoft Azure, .Net framework 4.5, C#, VB.net, LINQ.NET, WCF 4.0 (Microsoft certified), ASP.net and AJAX.net (Microsoft certified), ASP.net MVC4 (Microsoft certified), WPF, Windows forms, SQL Server
- Visual Studio, XCODE, Apache Subversion clients, MS Excel, EPANET 2.0 and SWMM5
Cloud based StormWater Management software – Product development for Global Quality Corp. (GQC) (Since Oct 2013)
I developed the initial prototype and lead the product development. This software runs SWMM5 (a C based collection system modeling engine) on Microsoft Azure’s cloud platform. We leveraged Microsoft’s concurrency runtime C++ library to achieve parallelization in this native C based DLL. I also developed the plan and architecture to port the design into a web based application (using Twitter’s Bootstrap) which provides on-demand simulation to users on both their iPhones and web browsers.
Real-time Water Distribution Modeling software – Product development for Global Quality Corp. (GQC) (Since Sep 2012)
I lead the development of the product as a senior software developer. We are developing cutting edge suite of tools to collect, analyze and simulate water distribution in large cities in real time. We employ advanced engineering analytical techniques and .NET development technologies in this project. The software uses DirectX to enable high speed vector drawing and Microsoft’s Task Parallel Library to run multiple engines in parallel.
Recreation Management Public Communication Platform – for MSD Cincinnati at GQC (Mar 2012 to Sep 2013)
I participated in architect design and lead the development of the public communication platform for this project. We designed & developed both the native mobile apps (iPhone and Android) and a public website to deliver Ohio River recreation safety information to public. I architected the interoperation with JAVA based Artificial Neural Network engine (WEKA) to deliver water quality predictions. See http://www.recr8ohioriver.org
Suite of Supplier Relationship and Pricing web and mobile applications, for David J. Joseph Company at GQC (Jul 2010 and Dec 2011, USA)
I participated in design and single handedly delivered native iPhone and Silverlight applications for DJJ’s pricing and supplier relationship management services. Also, my prototype and architecture of a WCF based application was accepted as the RESTful web-service for these applications.
Short-haul trucking Software, for Meijer at Infosys Technologies Ltd. (Infosys) (Jan 2009 to Jun 2009)
I successfully undertook the low level design and prototype development for the project. I also then lead the offshore development team as a Technical Analyst. We attained CMM 5 level maturity in the project by preparing both high and low-level design documents, use-case models, requirement traceability matrix, unit and integration test plans and knowledge transfer plans
Business and technical support knowledge transfer from onsite, for Meijer at Infosys (Jun 2006 to Dec 2006)
We collaborated with business process outsourcing team and successfully transitioned US team’s technical and business expertise to the team in India. In span of 6 months I was leading the transition team in my domain.
- MS information systems, College of Business, University of Cincinnati, USA – June ‘11
- Bachelor of Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Mumbai University, India – May ‘05
Awards and Certification
- 2014 – Microsoft Certified Professional – Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- 2013 – NACWA Team Award for National Environmental Achievement in Public Service category for Recr8OhioRiver web-site and iPhone app
- 2012 – Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist – TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 2012 – W3CDEV Certificate of Completion : “Mobile Web 1 : Best Practices”
- 2011 – Microsoft Certified Professional – TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
- 2010 – Microsoft Certified Professional – TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation Application Development
- 2008 – Client recognition certificate for a defect free implementation of Wall 2 Wall project for Meijer USA
- 2007 – Business unit level recognition with an OTS award (Infosys Tech. Ltd., India) for high standards and extreme dedication towards client satisfaction
- Partnered in publishing an article on ‘Organic foods and Retailing, in India’ for retail e-magazine within Infosys
- Participated in debates on ‘Retailing in India’ with ideas on ‘Co-operative Retailing’ within Infosys
- Organized events and activities helping Infosys’s corporate social responsibility towards controlling carbon footprint and e-wastage